The Pariharam for the Sukra (Venus) can be done in the Shiva temples in the following methods.
1. Light up ghee or gingelly oil (sesame seed oil) lamps with white cotton wicks.
2. You can put 6 lentil moccai (Motchai) into the lamp and light up.
3. Place few lentil moccai (Motchai) and place the lamp above it and light up.
4. Do puja in your name by prescribing your nakshatra and rasi.
5. Offer dishes prepared with red gram dhall to the Chevva and distribute the prasadam to the devotees present in the temple.
6. Chant the Sukra Gayatri and/or Moola mantras by 9/27/81/108 times.
7. Offer Pure White cotton cloth to the Sukra or White color Silk Saree (Pattu) cloth to Goddess Lakshmi and do puja in your name.
8. Do Abhisekam for the Sukra or Goddess Lakshmi on the designated days.
1. You can do any one of these pariharam or any number of combinations of these pariharams.
2. Invite others also to join with you, while doing pariharam.
3. No alcohol, eggs, non vegetarian foods, sexual thoughts and inter courses, use of harsh and filthy languages (applicable till friday early morning @ sunrise that starts from thursday sunrise). If these are violated, then the pariharam would not deliver any results.
4. Both you are body and mind should be clean.
5. Fasting on these days would be of immense help.
6. Must avoid fast foods that induces your mind into wordly pleasures.
7. You must also wear White color dresses.
8. Place Kumkum on your forehead.